Pages

Saturday

Naming My First

Choosing a name for your new bundle of joy can be difficult for some.  Most people want something cute like Bear, Cinnamon, Gizmo, or Chad.  I wanted names that fit their personality or looks.  Two years ago, on an October afternoon I went to my local pet store (Pet Supermarket) with intentions on just looking around.  There were so many beautiful animals locked in cages or placed in open top plastic-like confinements.  Children would stand on their tippy toes to reach in, in hopes they could grab something anything.  I could not help but hear a father yell to his daughter, "Leave those nasty stinkin' weasels alone, they'll bite you!"  I did not understand the anger coming from this large and very tall man, nor could I look away.  The father picked his daughter up so she could get a better view of the small animals looking up at him.  "You see that," he pointed.  "Those creatures are smelly and stupid.  They lay in poop all day, wouldn't you rather have a rabbit."  The young girl quickly nodded her head and together they went.  Curious, I went over to see what the commotion was about. 

I saw four or five ferrets laying there in blue bedding, no water was in their bottles, but at least there was a huge bowl of dry food right in the middle of their cell.  Out of all the ferrets one caught my eye.  While everyone lay on top of each other, he was by himself in the corner.  He had blue bedding stuck to his nose and fur.  "How awful." I thought.  

Rushing to find the nearest employee, I asked her to put water in the ferrets bottles.  The female employee looked at me as to why did I care.  Accompanying me, my boyfriend (who has two ferrets of his own), asked, "Do you want him?"  With no hesitation I replied, "Yeah, I do."  After buying his necessities we rushed to get him to his new home and out of the small box he was in.  He began making a crying noise and poking his little eye out of the air hole to see what was happening.  I turned around and noticed how large his head was. My goodness.  As the long drive continued I looked out my window to see a common October fruit for sell.  "I'll name him Pumpkin, because of his fur color and large head."


10.  Cinnamon
9.    Tucker
8.    Flea
7.    Pip
6.   Cosmo
5.   Tritan
4.   Charlie
3.   Max
2.   Panda
1.   Roxy

What's your ferrets name and how did you come up with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment