Pages

Friday

Red-Eye Green-Eye

My two furry and mischievous kids (ferrets).  I decided to put them as my background instead of a random abstract photo.  I know what your thinking, "that masterpiece must have taken hours even days to complete".  Yes, it did.  These picture's were taken after bath time.  Wet and ready to slide their long bodies across the carpet floor, I began snapping away. 
I noticed how Shadow (Green-Eyes) reminded me of what I fear most, a caterpillar! 

So I was quick in helping him dry off.  I've read about people using blow-dryers to aid in their ferrets drying process, but I instead usually leave clean towels on the floor for them to burrow into.  With Shadow and Pumpkin (Red-Eyes) being so active it only takes them maybe 20 minutes to be completely damp-free. I bathe the "two" every 5 - 7 weeks.  This topic of bath time is so controversial.  I've read books that said "once every three months" and others "once a year".  I believe it depends on the surroundings your ferret lives in.  For example, if you take your ferrets outdoors to play, I would bathe them often. 
Remember to use:
  • Luke-warm water
  • Ferret shampoo or tearless baby shampoo
  • Clean Dry Towels
  • Blow-dyer ..if you use one keep it on a low-setting and a foot away from your ferret..
  • Optional: Ferret Body Mist Conditioner ..for the  High Maintenance ferret : ) 
How often do you bathe your ferret(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment